Covid19 vaccine required for all applicants
General Summary: The Laboratory Manager is responsible for all issues related to day-to-day operations of the clinic laboratory. The Laboratory Manager is responsible for scheduling, work assignments, supervision to daily lab operations and personnel and maintenance of critical laboratory records. The manager works to ensure the efficient, service-oriented, and cost-effective operation of the Lab and ensure adequate staffing levels in the lab to meet the service needs of the clinic and works as a Medical Laboratory Technologist and X-Ray Tech as needed. Provides patient care/services for all stages of the life span including pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Projects and coordinates sufficient staffing to meet departmental demands.
- Manages personnel resources and adjusts to changing workload, staff absence, and other needs within the parameters of staffing targets.
- Formulates, reviews, and revises policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinical laboratory.
- Always maintains patient confidentiality and understands Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPPA).
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Responsible for staffing levels including preparing and maintaining work schedules for clinical laboratory staff.
- Makes recommendations to the Ancillary Service Director regarding hiring, employee discipline and separation of employment.
- Demonstrates effective judgement in the selection and utilization of various data sources to identify problems in the delivery of laboratory results.
- Assist in preparation of the budget for staffing, supplies, and equipment.
- Works with Lab Director regarding testing procedures, new tests, and usage of new equipment.
- Facilitates development of a team whose vision and priorities are aligned with organizational goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy certification.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a Lab under Medical Laboratory Technician / Medical Technician (MLT/MT).
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Experience in a Clinical Laboratory Setting.
- Routinely able to lift forty (40) pounds.
- Walk and stand majority of the day.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess a strong eye for detail.
- Comfortable with computers, word, excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.