Covid19 vaccine required for all applicants
General Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Dietary Manager, the dietary cook will prepare, season, and cook food for nursing home residents, staff, and visitors.
- Understand and follow menus.
- Must be knowledgeable on how to prepare the following diet types:
- Diabetic diet
- Pureed diet
- Incident Command System (ICS) diet
- Mechanical Soft Chopped Meat diets
- Dysphagia diets Level 1,2,3
- Recognize a variety of meats and vegetables needed to create the 28-day cycle menu.
- Wash, clean, and prepare all meats and vegetables to be cooked for menu.
- Must clean up equipment in kitchen involved with job completion such as stove, fryer, ovens, steam table, etc.
- Know how to set up and maintain steam table for food service.
- Recognize temperature(s) for safe food service and proper holding/ discard timing and reheat protocol.
- Know how to wash, rinse, and sanitize the prepping, cooking, and serving dishes.
- Check food temperatures and maintain food record log.
- Proper handling of kitchen refuge.
- Must recognize universal precautions regarding chemicals, blood, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Standing/walking continuously.
- Bending / stooping continuously.
- Lifting/handling, carrying, pushing/pulling, twisting/turning, crouching, balancing, kneeling continuously.
- Handling/Manual Dexterity, speaking/hearing continuously.