Covid19 Vaccine Required for all applicants
General Summary: The dietary technician will assist in the provision of food service and nutritional programs, under the supervision of a dietary manager. The incumbent will disinfect equipment, set up and serve cold food on tray line. They will assist in washing dishes and emptying trays in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Delivers trays to patients at mealtime using correct identification procedures, return soiled food cars to kitchen.
- Sets up cafeteria for lunch, sanitize tables, replenish salt, pepper, sugar, paper products, and desserts.
- Follow productions sheets and preference cards for cold foods on tray line.
- Assist with set up and delivery of late trays, keeps spare cart on nursing unit for soiled trays, empties when necessary.
- Puts up stock and keeps storage areas organized using proper storage procedures.
- Answers telephone, assist with diet changes, and makes preference cards in the absence of a Dietary Clerk.
- Assists with stocking patient floors as assigned.
- Keep cafeteria stocked with chinaware, silverware, and glassware during mealtimes, maintain a clean cafeteria and day care.
- Place condiments and beverages on tray that matches the diet.
- Maintain a sanitized and clean area in all locations.
- Completes competency checklist annually or more often as required by department policy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to lift 25-50 pounds and / or when assistance is needed, to lift products or equipment.
- Bending, walking majority of workday.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to correctly follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate with wide variety of people including employees, nursing staff, managers, and hospital staff.
NOTE: This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.