Covid19 vaccine required
General Summary: The primary purpose of the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor position is to assist in supervising the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility. It is the Housekeeping Supervisors responsibility to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, sanitary and comfortable manner, and that an adequate supply of laundry/linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Assist the Manager in setting Housekeeping & Laundry standards and standardizing the methods in which work is accomplished.
- Aid in developing procedures for performing daily housekeeping & laundry tasks.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping and laundry services with nursing service when performing routine cleaning and laundry assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the Housekeeping & Laundry Department.
- Implement recommendations for the Infection Control and Safety Committees as directed/necessary.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to new housekeeping and laundry personnel.
- Train assigned personnel in the proper techniques of mixing chemicals, cleaning disinfectants, solutions, cleaning methods, use of equipment, etc., as directed.
- Meet with assigned personnel monthly to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel. Make recommendations to the Administrator.
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner.
- Assure that housekeeping and laundry personnel follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Assure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping and laundry procedures.
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned work areas to assure that cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained.
- Assure that refuse is disposed of daily and in accordance with our established sanitation procedures.
- Confirm that equipment is cleaned and safely stored at the end of the shift.
- Assure that an adequate supply of housekeeping, laundry supplies, and clean linen are maintained in utility/janitorial linen closets.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in a housekeeping or laundry position in a nursing home or other related medical facility.
- Required to be familiar with care of several types of floors, with cleaning materials, etc., and with cleaning and general housekeeping methods and equipment.
- Must be familiar with the operation of distinct types of laundry equipment, practices, and procedures.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, and lift more than fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be a minimum of twenty (20) years of age.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions, including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to falls, burns (from equipment or chemicals), odors, as well as to reactions from dust, and disinfectants throughout the workday.
- May be required to work on weekends, holidays, overtime and shifts other than the one for which you were hired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must posses the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the public.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function so that the requirements of this positions can be fully met.
NOTE: This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.