Website Choctaw Regional Medical Center
Applicant must be willing to travel.
Title Reporting To:
Hospital Administrator or CEO
Job Purpose: Describes the general purpose of the job; why the job exists.
This position provides cleaning services for effectively maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of designated areas and the protection of building surfaces, and furnishings.
Accountabilities: The principle end results for which this job is held accountable
I. Provides daily and terminal cleaning of all occupied patient areas.
* Prepares patient areas for treatment of patients, cleaning and disinfecting isolation environments.
II. Provides daily and terminal cleaning of all support and administrative areas.
* Provides daily routine dust moping and wet mopping of tile floor surfaces; daily routine cleaning of restroom and building fixtures and furnishing.
* Periodic cleaning of walls, ceilings, lights, vents, and windows.
* Periodic cleaning of refrigerator, Microwaves, and cabinets (outside surfaces only).
III. Provides routine and periodic maintenance of floor title.
* Dusts and wet mops floor tile daily.
* Periodic machine scrubbing, stripping and refinishing.
IV. Provides daily routine and periodic maintenance of carpet and upholstery.
* Vacuums and spot cleans carpet and upholstered furniture daily.
* Periodic shampooing and water extraction of carpets and upholstered furniture.
V. Cleans and maintains housekeeping equipment.
* Cleans and empties vacuum cleaners, carts, mopping outfits, floor machines and carpet shampooers, etc.
VI. Dispose of infectious waste.
* Collects and removes trash and soiled linen from complex
VII. Practices cost containment by eliminating waste.
* Mixes and dilutes cleaning chemicals per procedures, uses chemicals and supplies per policies.
VIII. Promotes positive image for the facilities and Housekeeping Department.
* Displays an image that is not offensive or rude to others while on hospital property; providing assistance to our customers whenever possible.
Major Work Activities: List the typical and regular activities required of the job. Describe what is done and why it is done.
IX. Each employee is evaluated and records are maintained on competency of performing their duties including the specific job; effective and safe use of equipment; disaster preparedness training; prevention of contamination and transfer of infection when applicable; and CPR and other life saving interventions when applicable.
* Completes competency checklist annually or more often as required by department policy.
This Job Description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.
Minimum Level Qualifications
Completion of 8th grade; demonstrated ability to read and write.
Experience in custodial work preferred, but not required.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Ability to stand on feet for eight (8) hours.
Constant bending, stooping, and reaching.
Ability to climb and work from ladders.
Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a periodic basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to operate various floor machines, vacuums, shampooers, and carpet extractors.
Other Special Characteristics:
Willingness to work around patients who have various illnesses and communicable diseases.
Friendly, helpful, and caring attitude.