Website Choctaw Regional Medical Center
This is a PRN position.
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Title Reporting To:
Respiratory Care Supervisor/Director
Coordinates the respiratory care clinical activities of all in-patient and outpatient care areas for services delivered, assuring quality and continuity of care. Administers therapeutic and diagnostic cardiopulmonary care to patients of all ages.
Major Work Activities: The following is a summary of the primary job process. Other job duties may be performed that are not included below. Specific duties may change from time to time.
1. Delivers patient care in a safe and competent manner.
2. Educates patients/family using verbal and demonstration skills.
3. Assesses patients and delivers prescribed care/diagnostic testing in a timely manner.
4. Accurately charts pertinent data regarding therapy/assessments. Maintains accurate records of modality changes.
5. Enters patient charges in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Completes competency checklist annually or more often as required by department policy.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of disease processes; diagnostic tests, normal and abnormal; treatment modalities and expected outcomes; psychosocial needs of various age groups; growth and development of infants, children, and adolescents; the aging processes, associated complicating factors and behaviors.
8. Maintains equipment, stocks supplies and inventories per policy.
9. Attends department meetings, education sessions and quality meetings as requested. Serves on committees and participates in departmental quality programs.
10. Maintains credentials, licenses, certificates as required by departmental policy.
This Job Description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.
Minimum Level Qualifications
Required: Graduate of approved, accredited respiratory care program.
General floor care experience. Adult and pediatric critical care experience, ventilator management skills, critical thinking skills, emergency room experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Registered by National Board for Respiratory Care, current NC RCP license, BLS required, ACLS preferred.
Requires full range of body motion and ability to lift and carry 65 pounds. Requires long periods of standing and walking. Must demonstrate the ability to work under stressful conditions, and irregular hours, days, nights, and holidays. Requires corrective vision and normal hearing.
Skills and Qualifications:
Should demonstrate leadership skills, communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and listening) and ability to work with people and equipment.
Other Special Characteristics: