covid19 vaccine required for all applicants
General Summary: The registered nurse renders highly professional and technical nursing care to assigned patients. Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process. The incumbent will direct and supervise other assigned team members and collaborates with physicians and multi-disciplinary team members to achieve the highest standards of care specific to the age of the patient. Provides patient care/services for all stages of the lifespan including pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Practices in accordance with hospital philosophy; Nursing Department’s philosophy, goals, and standards of care; State Board of Nursing; State Nursing Practice Act and other regulatory agencies.
- Promotes a patient’s well-being, maximal independence, and ability to make informed decisions by teaching, counseling, reinforcing patient/significant other’s knowledge and understanding of disease entity, medications, and self-care skills.
- Ensures quality patient care is provided by assuming accountability and responsibility for delivery of care.
- Maintains job-specific competency which addresses effective, safe use of equipment, infection control, disaster training, emergency life-saving procedures cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and patient information management.
- Promotes a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building concepts.
- Demonstrates leadership skills through problem solving abilities and adherence to standards of care.
- Implements the interdisciplinary plan of care to improve or maintain patient’s mental and physical health.
- Evaluates patient outcome and the effectiveness of the plan of care and implements changes as indicated.
- Completes treatments, medication administration, IV therapy, and equipment use following established standards.
- Ensures patient comfort and hygiene measure are met to avoid infections or safety hazards.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of patient care provided.
- Documents assessments, patients need, interventions for improving/maintaining patient/family condition to address needs, responses to interventions, teaching provided, and patient status on designated forms.
- Completes Minimum Data Sets for patients accurately and within the state and federal regulations guidelines.
- Completes self-evaluation and continuing education on record in an ongoing manner annually and participates in disaster preparedness training.
- Participates in cost containment activities.
- No experience required for beginning practitioner.
- Current Licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Mississippi.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching with arms, finger, and hand dexterity, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Light work (lifting 20 lbs.), Medium work (lifting 50 lbs.), Heavy work (lifting 100 lbs.).
- Clean, well lit, and comfortable climate.
- Potential exposure to contamination with blood or bodily fluids, requiring wearing protective equipment.
- May be required to work unusual or additional shift hours.
- Works in a continually changing work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and listening skills).
- Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial and legal information.
NOTE: This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.