At Choctaw Nursing and Rehabilitation Center our staff members are our greatest asset. We strive to partner with caregivers who have a servant’s heart. This is a passion that is evident in our daily interactions and it is the cornerstone of our facility’s commitment to providing superior senior care in Choctaw and the surrounding counties. Our resident’s enjoy engaging and energetic recreational programs including large group activities, special events, peer-led small groups, and individual activities. CNRC is a 60 bed long term care facility with complete access to the resources of the main hospital.
Our mission is to help each senior reach and maintain their optimal level of functioning. At CNRC we strive to not only promote physical health, but to support each senior’s emotional, mental, and social well-being. We recognize the importance of ensuring the dignity of each senior we serve by offering person centered care that affords maximum independence and autonomy. We are committed to providing our residents with a home that is safe, secure, and welcoming.
The primary purpose of RN Supervisor role is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.:
- RN Supervisor demonstrates leadership skills through problem solving abilities and adherence to standards of care.
- RN Supervisor demonstrates effective communication skills to treat patients/others with dignity and respect.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of patient care provided.
- RN Supervisor documents assessments, patients need, interventions for improving/maintaining patient/family condition to address needs, responses to interventions, teaching provided, and patient status on designated forms.
- Maintains a high standard of patient care and personnel performance by being aware of the indications pointed out by the Quality Assurance program and gives those problems special attention.
- Reviews the need for and recommends changes in the standard of staffing according to results of staffing, census, and acuity of nursing units to see that staffing is consistent with patient needs and budgetary control.
- RN Supervisor ensure a secure and safe patient environment by practicing in accordance with organization and unit specific procedures and standards of care.
- Participates in cost containment activities.
- Receives report on patient/resident status from previous shift, evaluates and ensures resources in place to meet needs.
- Makes physical rounds assessing quality of care, intervening with provision of care and interacting with care givers and patients/residents.
- May administer medication/treatments as prescribed.
- Supervises charge nurses, aides, and other providers of care in carrying out their responsibility (medication pass, nursing care, documentation, treatments, and supervision).
- Assesses and monitors to verify patient/residents’ needs are met and policies and procedures are followed.
- Provides empathetic communication to families, patient/residents regarding change of condition and in response to care concerns.
- RN Supervisor performs other duties as assigned by DON or Administrator.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an RN in the state of Practice
- Completion of relevant state Board of Nursing approved.
- CPR Certification required or must be obtained within probationary period.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred for charge nurse rule.
- Excellent wage benefits package
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity to make a difference in the community