General Summary: The therapist is responsible for providing therapy services, discharge planning, and treatment planning to patients admitted to the program by a Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Therapist or Counselor. Therapy sessions may be conducted by qualified staff such as: Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Master’s Social workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Professional Counselor, under the general supervision of the psychiatrist or Advances Practice Nurse (APN).
- Conduct three (3) sessions daily, individual and telehealth sessions when needed.
- Plant topics for group sessions.
- Document patients therapy notes daily.
- Document and update monthly treatment plans.
- Complete a psychosocial assessment on new patients.
- Complete a master treatment plan on new patients.
- Make recommendations and address family & community issues that arise.
- Maintain open communication between members of the treatment team (physician, nurse, other therapist, certified nursing assistant (CNA)/transporters).
- Master’s degree is psychology, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Current with all state licensing requirements, including Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Several years’ clinical experience.
- Exerting more than one hundred (100) pounds of force occasionally, and/or more than fifty (50) pounds of force frequently.
- Walking, standing., sitting, pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls.
- Mechanical lifting devices or team lifts.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, squat, crawl with arms and hands, manual dexterity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate with compassion and empathy.
- Strong ability to manage time ad prioritize tasks.
NOTE: This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.