Covid19 vaccination required for all applicants.
General Summary: This position assists the nursing staff in rendering basic nursing care to assigned patients. The incumbent provides direct and indirect care following physicians and nursing orders. They extend patient care / services for all stages of the lifespan including pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Adhere to policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Demonstrates commitment to philosophies, goals, standards or care, acceptable standards of personal conduct and behavior.
- Provides personal care such as bathing, linen changes, mouth care and other related activities.
- Demonstrates proper technique when turning and positioning, transferring and ambulating patients.
- Assists with nutritional needs by preparing patients for meals, assisting/feeding, distributing snacks and recording intake and output.
- Obtains information regarding assignment from patient care, care plus and in collaboration with the nursing staff.
- Aid with elimination needs by offering bedpans/urinals, keeping incontinent patients clean and dry and collection of tests/specimens as ordered.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Follows policy and procedures related to patient restraints.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to treat patients/others with dignity and respect.
- Respects patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA.
- Assumes responsibility for staying informed about updates and changes to policies by attendance at staff meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific patient care factors in the Age-Specific Care Guidelines.
- Provides for patient safety, hygiene, and personal care regarding age-specific needs.
- Communicating information and conveying patient needs sensitive to age and developmental level of the individual patients/family.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Completion of approved Nurse Assistant Certification Course.
- Listed with the State Division of Facility Services as a Level 1 Nurse Aide.
- Current Nurse Aide Certification.
- Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching with arms, finger, and hand dexterity, talking, hearing, and seeing for extended periods.
- Light work (lifting 20 lbs.), Medium work (lifting 50 lbs.), Heavy work (lifting 100 lbs.).
- Clean, well lit, and comfortable climate.
- Potential exposure to contamination with blood or bodily fluids, requiring wearing protective equipment.
- May be required to work unusual or additional shifts.
- Work in a continually changing environment.
NOTE: This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other position-related duties other than those described in this description.