General Summary: This position provides cleaning services for effectively maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of designated areas and the protection of building surfaces, and furnishings. The incumbent is responsible for cleaning all areas of the hospital by performing routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors in a clean, neat, and sanitary manner.
- Provides routine and periodic maintenance of floor title, dusts, sweep and wet mops floor tile daily.
- Periodic machine scrubbing, stripping, and refinishing.
- Provides daily routine and periodic maintenance of carpet, vacuums and spot clean carpet and upholstered furniture daily, periodic shampooing and water extraction of carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Cleans and maintains housekeeping equipment, cleans, and empties vacuum cleaners, carts, mopping outfits, floor machines and carpet shampooers, etc.
- Dispose of infectious waste, collects, and removes trash and soiled linen from complex.
- Practices cost containment by eliminating waste, mixes and dilutes cleaning chemicals per procedures, uses chemicals and supplies per policies.
- Promotes positive image for the facilities and Housekeeping Department, displays an image that is not offensive or rude to others while on hospital property, aiding our customers whenever possible.
- Complete competency checklist annually or more often as required by department policy.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Completion of 8th grade; demonstrated ability to read and write.
- Experience in custodial work preferred, but not required.
- Ability to stand on feet for eight (8) hours.
- Constant bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders.
- Ability to routinely lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds on a periodic basis.
- Willingness to work around patients who have various illnesses and communicable diseases.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate various floor machines, vacuums, shampooers, and carpet extractors.
- Friendly, helpful, and caring attitude.
NOTE: This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other position related duties other than those described in this description.